All critiques may include the good, the bad, and the ugly...as long as the comment is constructive.
Examples of constructive comments:
- I love how your brought out the purple in the clouds.
- Great job on capturing the texture in the sand.
- Your use of the sun as backlight really highlights the facial features.
- Placing the rock in the foreground really makes the whole composition.
Examples of nonconstructive criticism:
- You really think this is worthy of someone looking at?
- I could do better than that.
Examples of pats on the back that are not constructive (save these for Facebook/Google+/Flickr/500px/Pinterest):
- Great capture!
- Pretty sunrise!
- I wish I had a camera like yours!
- If only I knew how to take a picture like you do!
And how to submit your photo (only need to do one of these):
- Post your photo on the FCAP Facebook wall.
- Share a link to your photo on the FCAP Facebook wall.
- Email a link or the picture to email@example.com.
Then be sure to note that you are submitting it for Photo Critique Thursday. If you have any questions, let me know!